From the day it was announced, the NBN was supposed to transform the Australian telecommunications network and usher in a new era of telecommunications.
It was billed as a “world-class broadband network” that would be available to everyone.
But as the rollout continues, it is now clear the NBN is far from being a “complete” network and many people will be left without the benefits of this network.
It’s been revealed that the NBN will have a slower rollout compared to the previous government’s fibre-to-the-node (FTTN) plan, and some Australians are facing a significant delay in getting their new broadband.
What you need now?
The NBN rollout is set to start in 2019 and the cost is expected to be around $3bn per year.
The NBN is currently being rolled out by the Telstra subsidiary, NBN Co, and is expected on an initial rollout in 2018.
Its been widely reported that the rollout will be delayed in some parts of the country due to a “technical” problem.
In August 2017, NBNCo announced that they had found a “high risk” issue with the fibre-optic network.
However, this has since been rectified.
NBN Co said that the issue involved the fibre optic cable, which was running through an area of the NBN that they thought was “not being monitored”.
It is understood that a patchwork of different cables had been installed around the network in various locations and they were “not working” and “not properly maintaining the connection”.
“This is a technical issue and we have identified and fixed it,” NBNCo said.
However, it has been reported that many people who are affected have been left out of the initial rollout.
This has led to concerns that some parts are being delayed and others will not get their broadband until 2019.
On Monday, a report from the Communications Consumer Action Network (CCAN) revealed that NBNCo has been “instructed” to “manage” some of the issues with the NBN network, which will “further delay the rollout”.
This is despite the fact that many Australians have expressed their concerns and called for a quicker rollout of the network.
The report also said that some NBNCo workers have been “overworked” and had not been paid for a month.
“In this instance, it was suggested that the company be asked to do this and the company responded by saying that it does not have the resources to manage this,” the CCAN report said.
“We believe this response to the CCANN report is misleading and should not be believed.”
The CCAN also revealed that some workers were not paid for three months because they were not given proper work time breaks, which is what is required for workers to get paid overtime.
CCAN also said there were problems with the rollout of fibre-based broadband and that some people have not been given access to their own broadband.
“We have been told by NBNCo that it is too early to know what problems may exist with the network and that further delay is likely, particularly with regards to access to fibre-less broadband, particularly for the most remote areas of Australia,” the report said, referring to the areas of New South Wales, Victoria, Western Australia and Queensland.
Although the rollout is still “progressing”, many Australians are already concerned about the quality of their broadband.
The Coalition promised that the network would be completed by 2022 and it has now become clear that it will be a while longer.
At this stage, the rollout has been slowed down by a number of factors, including delays in getting NBNCo’s fibre optic cables to the premises, which can be as many as two years.
Some people have complained about the lack of broadband in some areas of the state of New Zealand.
As the rollout progresses, the government will also be looking at ways to speed up the rollout.
It has also revealed a new speed test which will test people’s speed on the NBN.
There have also been calls for the Federal Government to review the rollout and provide some kind of compensation to Australians who have been waiting too long.
More:The Government is also looking to increase the speed of the internet in some states and territories to boost competition.
How to get connectedTo the NBN’s launch, the company also announced that it would be working with “internet pioneers to make the NBN a world-class internet network”.
However the NBN has struggled to connect people in many areas of rural Australia, which has been blamed for the “internet dead zone”.
In its announcement, NBN said it was committed to making sure that everyone who wants to have a connection to the NBN “has the internet”.
The company has also said it will support community groups who want to provide their own “broadband access” and will provide a “network-wide service”. There